** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Bulkley Lodge.
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff. The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNM, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. The LPN will support clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health by performing the following duties and responsibilities. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 06:00 to 18:00, 18:00 to 06:00, rotating Bulkley Lodge
is a stand-alone, long-term care home located in central Smithers, approximately five minutes from Bulkley Valley District Hospital. There are 53 beds including two respite beds plus three short stay beds. Bulkley Lodge provides daily therapeutic recreation services. Pastoral and spiritual services are provided by the Smithers Ministerial Group with regular, on-site spiritual care. There is a volunteer program in place to facilitate resident participation in social activities and outings. There is also an on-site, integrated community Adult Day Program, operating 7 days a week. Smithers
has a population of 5,401 (2021) local residents and is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges that provide a backdrop for the towns' Alpine setting. Check out Smithers where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
• One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific clinical specialty or patient population dependent on the nature of the caseload (e.g. acute care, gerontology, palliative, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to assign care and share knowledge with the multidisciplinary team, clients and families
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; and ability to initiate and implement a plan of care.
• Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Other