Licensed Practical Nurse
Play a pivotal role in helping patients fight cancer
Working under the direction of a group of physicians and Registered Nurses, perform a variety of nursing procedures and provide personal care to patients in areas such as Radiation and Systemic Therapy. What you'll do
What you bring
- Perform patient assessments and provide patient education.
- Coordinate community and palliative care for patients.
- Assist patients with navigating their cancer care.
- Perform nursing procedures such as catheterizations and sterile dressings.
- Maintain related instruments and equipment.
- Assist with activities of daily living.
- Graduated from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
You have the ability to:
What's in it for you
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Learn more about being a nurse at BC Cancer! Job Type:
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more
Casual on Call (Monday to Friday)Location:
399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 5L3
Apply today for these exciting opportunities !What we do
BC Cancer , a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority, provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.