Jun 30, 2020 Company:
Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union Location:
British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey Job Type:
Full-Time Together, we help empower you to achieve what's important in your life. What's the job?
The Lending Specialist establishes and deepens client relationships in order to maximize business opportunities by delivering a positive and unexpected member experience through the various channels such telephone, on-line and email channel. This position provides high quality, fast paced, personalized lending service and advice and will liaise with other teams within the enterprise network to better serve our members. The Lending Specialist fulfills sales and growth needs in lending, banking while uncovering and referring general insurance, investments and personal insurance needs, small business needs or mobile needs to the specialized respective channels. As the Advice Centre operates on a six-day shift, 12 hours per day, flexibility to work shifts of varying hours is mandatory. Also required is the aptitude for telephone sales and the ability to deal effectively with customers in a demanding environment. The work is fast-paced, using state-of-the-art technology in both the telephone equipment and software applications. This role must meet measurable standards for performance and productivity, for example, number of calls handled and average length of call What you'll get to do:
Who are we looking for?
- Accurately and promptly process all administrative transactions related to the credit function such as: completing the payment alteration form related to payment suspensions, reductions, frequency and interest rates; You're the boss redemption requests, internal and external pre-authorized payment changes, interest paid statements and booking retail branch lending appointments when requested.
- Provides coaching, training and mentorship to peers, encouraging and providing cross-sharing of knowledge, on-the-job applications and experience among team members and between teams
- Fulfill high quality lending advice and services to customers specific to lending and core banking products
- Through inbound and outbound telephone contact contribute significantly to growth and retention
- Consistently achieves sales and referral targets in a needs based sales environment, contributing significantly to the growth in business
- Manage the relationship building process to ensure a consistent image in service and delivery both externally, to attract new members, and internally to retain and build on previously established relationships with Coast Capital Savings
- 4+ years of direct sales experience in Financial Services with an emphasis on sales and service in a lending capacity or successful completion of the corporately approved lending program
- Preference will be given to candidates with formal post-secondary education (at a certificate level at a minimum) in the areas of banking, lending, financial planning, business, commerce, entrepreneurship, finance, or marketing.
- Formal Diploma and/or Degree Program are assets.
- Personal pursuit of additional education in preparation for further growth opportunities is expected.
- Proficient understanding of credit products and services in order to identify opportunities and make quality referrals
- Proficiency in sales process and producing results
- Completion of the Core Banking Development Program and the Credit Skills Development Program
- Ability to effectively build productive customer relationships
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don't mean to toot our own horn, but...
- We improve Canadians' financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what's best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies - two of the nation's most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.