The mission of the Legal, Intellectual Property Department is to capitalize on Intellectual Property value through entrepreneurial, proactive, and business-focused management.THE OPPORTUNITY
Aritzia is growing and our Legal, Intellectual Property team is growing with it. This is a unique opportunity to lead the team responsible for ensuring Aritzia strategically capitalizes on Intellectual Property value through strong cross-functional partnerships, and a proactive, entrepreneurial and business-focused approach. You will play a pivotal role in establishing and integrating the IP legal strategy into all areas of the business operations, partnering with the Marketing, Product and Store Development teams to identify opportunities that ensure adept maximization of value and mitigation of legal risks. With people at the heart of everything we do, you will support your high performing people to grow rewarding careers at Aritzia - while enjoying one yourself.THE ROLE
As the Head of Intellectual Property, Legal you will establish the approach for and lead the team to:
- Develop a cohesive offensive and defensive IP legal strategy to drive and protect the business .
- Integrate the IP legal strategy into the day-to-day operations of the business in partnership with the Marketing, Product and Store Development teams.
- Identify opportunities to acquire, maintain, and protect Aritzia's IP across all areas of the business.
- Protect our IP rights and secure usage rights to further cross-functional strategic objectives.
- Proactively protect and maximize the value of our intellectual property portfolio across all areas of the business.
- Strategically manage Aritzia's IP litigation.
- Work with the appropriate Business Support partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience.
The Head of Intellectual Property, Legal has:
- Proven and best-in-class skills, education, and/or applicable certifications including:
- License to practice law in Canada or the US
- Expertise in intellectual property laws, portfolio management, and litigation.
- Expertise in brand protection across all areas of a fashion retail business.
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values and Business and People Leadership principles.
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes.
- The ability to set clear objectives and design a strategy that inspires the team.
- A dedication to quality and investing in results and new business opportunities that add value.
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- Product Discount - Maybe you've heard of our famous product discount? Or our exclusive private shopping events? You have now.
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Everyday Luxury dining, exclusive to Aritzia. Our in-house café and bistro is like a private restaurant, only you also get complimentary coffee and ice cream.
- The SET - Our in-office fitness studio and gym with state-of-the-art equipment, custom-created classes, and optional personal training. Open 7 days a week, works out well.
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.