is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER OR ANY MAJOR LOCATION IN CANADA The Opportunity: WSP Canada
is currently seeking a Legal Counsel, for its Earth & Environment business sector, reporting to the General Counsel, Earth & Environment. Why WSP?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Act as a main legal point of contact on various matters for the Earth & Environment business sector;
• Provide legal support to internal clients and stakeholders;
• Attend internal and external meetings;
• Provide lega l support to the Business Lines on contract negotiation, drafting, and interpretation;
• Draft and review and negotiate legal documents;
• Assist with the negotiation of commercial and project disputes
• Review numerous public and private RFPs and assist the Business Lines in preparing their bids;
• Evaluate and present the risk profile of business opportunities to the various internal decision committees;
• Ensure compliance of all commercial pursuits and decisions with WSP's internal authorization matrix;
• Provide timely legal advice to project teams throughout the project lifecycle;
• Collaborate with the internal legal claims team to assess and provide advice on contractual disputes or claims;
• Assist in ensuring compliance of projects in accordance with federal and provincial laws and regulations;
• Complete any other task deemed necessary to support WSP Canada/Golder Canada with a legal matter and any other task usually assigned to members of the Legal Affairs & Risk Management Team;
• Offer support on ongoing projects and give legal advice in any normal course of business situation when required. We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
• 3-7 years of Bar experience;
• Could be remote (not a requirement);
• Bar: Any Canadian province;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements;
• A solid understanding of business fundamentals and risk management;
• Industry knowledge: Background in providing legal support to the engineering, environmental and/or construction sectors;
• Strong communication skills required to deconstruct and present complex legal concepts;
• Effective analytical skills to lead dispute resolution efforts;
• High level of organizational skills with strong analytical ability and attention to detail;
• Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently;
• Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• Ability to present legal issues and options to senior management;
• Willingness to take on new responsibilities, yet remain focused on a variety of repetitive tasks;
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
• Asset: in-house experience (not required but preferred).
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/