Based in Vernon, our well established client is seeking a Legal Assistant (Personal Injury) or Paralegal to join their reputable law firm. The ideal candidate will be team-orientated and accustomed to working collaboratively with other litigation assistants.
- Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; inputting information into file database and confirming case status with Lawyer
- Prepare and draft legal documents such as pleadings, correspondence, applications, etc
- Arrange examinations for discovery and trial dates
- Conduct legal research
- Prepare court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Enhance trial proceedings by organizing evidence, preparing exhibits, scheduling witnesses, ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed
- E-file legal documents
- Prepare settlement documents
- Ensure deadlines are met and limitation dates are adhered to
- Correspond with clients
How to Apply
- 2+years experience as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Inexperienced candidates who have completed a Legal Assistant/Paralegal certificate or diploma may also be considered.
- Well versed in trial preparation
- Familiarity with the Rules of Court and related forms and practice directions
- Must have strong client service skills
- Excellent word processing and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please send your resume and cover letter to Platinum Recruiting via our website or email email@example.com
with the subject line â€Personal Injury â€" Legal Assistantâ€.