Based in Vernon, our well established client is seeking a Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant to join their reputable law firm. Under the direction of the Lawyer, the Legal Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties within the solicitor’s practice.
- Open and close client/matter files, billing and trust paperwork
- Manage calendars, meeting schedules, and “Bring Forward” system
- Prepare/draft all necessary transactional documentation and correspondence based on written instruction or verbal direction
- Draft Asset Purchase agreements, share purchase agreements, and all documents required for closing transactions
- Prepare and editing/ formatting of documents for various correspondence, agreements, reports, and billings
- Obtain due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information
- Organize and maintain precedents
- Respond to inquiries and interacting with clients on day to day corporate matters
- 2+ years Paralegal/Legal Assistant experience- ideally with a Corporate/Commercial background. Inexperienced candidates who have completed a Legal Assistant or Paralegal certificate/diploma may also be considered
- Critical thinking, analysis and research skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with tact and discretion
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task & prioritize
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Platinum Recruiting via our website or email email@example.com with the subject line “Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant”.