Our client is Western Canada’s largest workplace law and advocacy firm. They are currently recruiting for a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join their busy Commercial Litigation team.
Our client is a highly respected and recognized boutique law firm. With the resources of a large firm, and the culture of a small firm, our client offers a collegial, friendly and flexible learning environment. This position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting and preparing letters, memos, correspondence and legal documents (in compliance with Rules of Court) as directed by legal professionals;
- Creating, monitoring and maintaining client files for legal professionals;
- Opening and closing files;
- Liaising with the Labour Relations Board, arbitrators and various tribunals;
- Preparing for hearings, including organizing respective documents (such as pleadings, affidavits, applications etc.);
- Processing billable and non-billable time and preparing client invoices;
- Managing calendars and bring forward systems to ensure important deadlines are met;
- Liaising with external clients as required; and
- Preparing for hearings, including organizing respective documents.
- 4+ years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant (experience in litigation required);
- Thorough understanding of litigation processes and procedures required;
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines; and
- Strong technical skills.