Position Summary LEAVE AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR Job ID: 3349 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** LEAVE AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR POSITION SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Leave & Benefits Administration, the Leave & Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering leave and benefits for approximately 700 union, management and excluded staff, in accordance with two collective agreements, Terms and Conditions of Employment, employee benefit documents and Commission policies. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Two years post secondary education in business administration or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of courses in payroll and benefits administration. Canadian Payroll Association Level 1 certification preferred.
- Sound experience in computerized leave and benefit administration, preferably in a unionized organization. Some experience in HR administration and accounting preferred.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the policies, practices, procedures and government regulations pertaining to the administration of employee leave and benefits and the maintenance of computerized employee records
- Good knowledge and understanding of human resource information systems, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Good knowledge and understanding of Commission policies, practices and procedures pertaining to the administration of leave and benefits
- Good accounting knowledge and ability to reconcile accounts
- Ability to understand and interpret collective agreements, Terms and Conditions of Employment and benefit policy documents respecting benefits and leave
- Ability to process additions, deductions and adjustments to the benefits and leave management systems within established time frames, work well under time pressure and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Please Note: this position is currently under review and may be subject to conversion into a BCGEU unionized position
- An elegibility list may be established