Learning Solutions Lead Description
The Learning Solutions Lead is a project focused role that develops learning and performance solutions to drive business outcomes through highly trained team members. The Learning Solutions Lead works with all levels of the organization in a consultative manner to identify the needs of the business and then build, test, and implement scalable learning solutions. As an expert in adult learning, facilitation, and people-development, the Learning Solutions Lead brings a creative and innovative perspective to organizational learning.
The Learning Solutions Lead has a high level of learning agility and is able to quickly learn and absorb new knowledge, processes, and functions in order to design solutions that meet business needs. Core Responsibilities
Project Management & Consulting
- Lead learning & performance projects from client discovery to solution implementation
- Advise organization on methodologies and practices that improve human performance
- Uses in-depth knowledge of Kal Tire operations and adult learning & performance strategies to drive business results
- Assess current business situation, conduct learning needs analysis, develop training proposals and business cases
- Collaborate with internal departments (Continuous Improvement, Communications, Information Services, etc.) to align project efforts
- Write comprehensive project documentation (ex. scope of work, timeline, proposals, project summaries, etc.)
- Communicate with project team, management, change leaders to ensure learning solutions are executed to high level of accuracy
- Work with stakeholders / project leaders to assess team members' change readiness
- Influence and contribute to change management plans of strategic initiatives.
- Identify barriers, constraints, and other risks to successful implementation of projects and create strategies for overcoming challenges
- Educate/develop stakeholders' ability to lead change
Learning Solution Design
- Conduct needs analysis, identify learner performance gaps, make recommendations for improving learning programs
- Design and develop performance-based learning solutions that drive business results
- Collaborate with learning experience designers on design and development of learning solutions
- Create strategies for post-training learning support and reinforcement that improves job performance of participants
- Consult with learners, colleagues, and management about how to support and maintain learning within the work environment
- Use innovative learning tools and methods to advance people strategies within Kal Tire
- Create and implement evaluation strategy for development programs that measures the success of training by comparing desired outcomes to learner performance.
- Summarize and communicate core results to L&D Manager and Business Stakeholders
- Monitor key performance indicators and provide recommendations to key stakeholders on process improvement and change management based on insightful data analysis
- 7+ years in a training/curriculum development role within medium-large organizations including:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years' experience with training/implementing enterprise-wide initiatives such as diversity & inclusion, leadership/management, and/or technology training programs
- 5+ years in a client focused consulting role
Education and Certification
- Superior consulting and relationship management skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Experience designing learning and change management strategies within a client facing environment
- Demonstrated experience designing learning solutions for all delivery methods, including face to face training, live virtual training, micro-learning, etc.
- Expert level needs analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end learning design, delivery, and evaluation methodologies
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Takes personal ownership of engagement and performance development.
- Actively supports and participates in a culture of development and accountability for all team members that aligns with and supports the Kal Tire AIMS.
- Maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality; uses diplomacy, discretion, and judgment in giving out information. Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion
- Degree or Diploma in Adult Learning, CPTD/ CTDP, or equivalent designation, with demonstrated expertise in any of the following: adult learning, facilitation, instructional design and delivery or relevant combination of education and experience
About Kal Tire
- Occasional travel - up to 20% of time.
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.