Closing Date: 14 August 2022
Reporting to the Superintendent, Management Systems, the LMS Integration Lead networks with both the internal and external resources required to develop, implement, and transition the Learning Management System to the new Teck Corporate Learning Module and ensure that the implementation conforms to Trail Operations standards and meets the training needs of the business areas as directed by the Superintendent Management Systems. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the Implementation and transition to the global Teck Learning Module
- Ensure the documented corporate standards and guidelines for implementation including naming convention are applied
- Develop and communicate the transition plan ensuring that all stakeholders and users receive timely notification and training involved with the transition
- Coordinate and support the training of supervisors and employees in the application and use of the Learning Module
- Ensure all relevant training data (training courses, training records) are accurately migrated to the New Learning Module
- Ensure all legacy training records are maintained and accessible as required
- Ensure that all current training needs are accurately connected to Trail Operations employees through the transition
- Coordinate or facilitate the training for all persons who are required to perform administrative functions within the learning module
- Support the change management initiatives associated with the transition to the learning module
- Support the migration of learning content to the approved standards (Articulate 360, Share Point, Easy Generator, iAuditor, etc.)
- Support and validate the creation and testing of new learning content
- Performs other related duties as required
- A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on training and development, or 2 years post-secondary in adult education emphasis in training and development, or equivalent experience in a training and development role
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in management systems or training roles with at least 1 year in a leadership capacity
- Sound knowledge of Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management Systems related to a metallurgical production facility
- Highly motivated individual who thrives on new challenges, is willing to learn new processes, and has demonstrated a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized in planning work yet flexible in coping with frequent non-routine situations
- Open to innovation and new ideas; ability to work with the various resource departments to develop training programs to meet the changing needs of the operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Can develop and deliver presentations that meet the needs of a variety of learners
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer systems and hardware
- Demonstrated knowledge of objective and competency-based training systems
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sharepoint, Social Media, Temporary, Mining, Technology, Contract, Marketing
Construction, Mining and Trades