Learning Management System and Web Integration Specialist I
Reference ID: 00520SA
Position Title Learning Management System and Web Integration Specialist I Posting Number 00520SA Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 13 Salary Range $45,351/year (with increments to a max of $50,893/year) Position Type Support Staff - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 06/03/2019 End Date Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Work Arrangements
This regular full-time (35 hours per week) position is available starting June 3, 2019. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. No modified schedule.
Occasional work arrangements at our Coquitlam campus will be required, as will occasional evening and/or weekend work.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Reporting to the Manager, Academic Technology Services, Learning Management System and Web Integration Specialist I provides learning solution integration, maintenance and technical support for the Colleges Learning Management System ( LMS ), Content Management System ( CMS ) and other related web applications. This position will provide effective and efficient advanced technical support, while providing exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
1. Provides web based teaching and learning solutions support
a. provides technical support and troubleshooting for faculty and students in the use of the College learning management system ( LMS ), and related third party learning software;
b. maintains and monitors work orders and manages work progress and client communications;
c. manages and maintains the learning management system configuration settings and end user functionality options from the GUI (Graphical User Interface); including, but not limited to, interface design, tool availability and functional roles;
d. provides resources and subject matter expertise to first level, Help Desk, support team;
e. develops and integrates course level resources including, but not limited to, course templates, learning modules, assignments, tests, collaboration tools and grading;
f. integrates institutional, faculty and department level integration resources for the delivery of shared communications and resource centers within the LMS ;
g. integrates multi-media and third party extensions for improved LMS functionality;
h. informs and assists faculty and internal support team in integration processes, including multimedia and other course content;
i. prepares a variety of design proposals for clients including layout and image appropriateness, as required;
j. ensures the College image, both internally and externally, is embodied in all work including choosing the appropriate format as well as adding or deleting material to enhance that image;
k. maintains peer relationships with other institutions to promote knowledge sharing;
2. Provides training and instructional support to the College community
a. provides subject matter expertise for the development of educational technology training and support materials;
b. develops workshop outlines, objectives, learning materials, assignments and evaluation tools;
c. delivers workshop and provides resources on subjects including, but not limited to, course and organizational maintenance, content management, and academic resources within the LMS ;
3. Develops and maintains technical solution within the Content Management System ( CMS ) and other web based environments a.develops and maintains website architecture, content and web components for websites in the CMS ;
b. develops and maintains web-based applications with web application languages and technology;
4. Perform other related duties.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. A diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution, supplemented by two years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience using web based educational applications may be considered.
2. Experience supporting faculty in the development, management and maintenance of enhanced, hybrid and fully online courses inside a learning management system ( LMS ). Currently Douglas College supports Blackboard 9.1.
3. Experience troubleshooting and supporting students and faculty in enhanced, hybrid and fully online courses inside a learning management system ( LMS ). Currently Douglas College supports Blackboard 9.1.
4. Experience administering and maintaining an LMS as GUI admin: setting up system configurations, system functionality and toolsets.
5. Experience supporting other online educational technologies or software, including, but not limited to Blackboard Collaborate, Camtasia, Kaltura, MediaSite.
6. Experience in designing and developing web sites and web applications.
7. Experience working within a content management system ( CMS ) framework. Douglas College currently uses Sitecore, Drupal and Wordpress.
9. A demonstrated ability to provide training to faculty including : developing workshop outlines, learning objectives, learning materials, assignments and evaluation tools.
10. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills including written and verbal fluency in the English language.
11. Establish and maintain effective working relationships and provide efficient, client-centered service in person, in writing, and over the telephone with the College community and outside agencies.
12. Work independently with minimal supervision and in a collaborative environment.
13. Establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/07/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4330
Posted: May 16, 2019
Closes: July 15, 2019