Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world's top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014), and Deloitte's list of the 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 370 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today - we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of passionate professionals in a booming industry.
Reporting to the Manager-PMO, the Project Manager is responsible for working with one or more Agile Development teams to define project plans, manage the development life cycle, and ensure successful releases. During project development, you will serve as ScrumMaster for the teams.
The Project Manager owns the tracking and coordination of all activities related to the release of new services to customers. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring there is a plan for each release that adheres to Global Relay’s standards, and that all meetings, milestones and activities are scheduled, agreed to by the team, and executed upon in the agreed upon fashion and consistent with Global Relay’s processes.
Within each team and for each release, the Project Manager identifies tasks that need to be performed and works with the team to ensure that someone on the team takes ownership and ensures that clear expectations on objectives and dates are set. In addition, the Project Manager is expected to take administrative work off of the Developers so they can focus on their tasks. Role Responsibilities:
Working with the Release Manager, Product Owner and Development teams, this position will be responsible for the following:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Accountable for knowing and understanding the status of the project at all times, including interdependencies, issues and risks
- Accountable for highlighting issues and risks to a project and actively working within and across teams to create a common understanding of how issues and risks will be addressed
- Work with Product Owners to establish each new release as a discreet project by setting it up in Global Relay’s management systems
- Work with Product Owners to manage sprint backlogs, establish project priorities and assess team progress towards release objectives
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Developers in the creation and update of Project Charters and User Stories / Work Items required for each project
- Manage the successful outcome of daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint and release retrospectives, and planning sessions. Assess team progress towards release objectives
- Establish and own the release plan for your products, coordinating with other Project Owners and the Release Manager as required
- Work with the team to ensure all stories and work items in our Wiki and workflow repositories are up to date, organized and ready for all standup and planning meetings
- Own project impediments and work to resolve them within the team and the organization
- Adopt, improve, and reinforce Lean-Agile methodologies (more than just Scrum) in use by Global Relay in a pragmatic, non-dogmatic manner that supports the goals of the business
- Provide project status updates of sprints and releases, including metrics and burn-up charts for team velocity, team capacity planning, and scope management, as well as risk assessments (and resolution strategies), schedule updates, and the management of process improvements planned and implemented by the team
- Post-secondary education (minimum of an undergraduate degree is preferred)
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of managing lean/agile projects
- Adaptability to work with multiple teams on projects with varying degrees of flexibility/rigidity at different points in the development cycle
- Ability to understand technical and business requirements and accurately capture technical notes and use them to update work tickets
- Demonstrates a history of being able to work effectively with groups with different levels of technical and process experience
- Enjoys the challenge of coordinating multiple inter-related projects
- Strong written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- ScrumMaster certification, PMP or certification-in-progress is desirable
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.