Closing Date: August 16, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Performance, the Environment Lead (known at Teck as the Lead, Standards and Procedures) will focus on Environmental Standards and Procedures and will be responsible for developing and overseeing the training and competency program for environmental personnel at both the operating sites and business unit level. This role will collaborate closely with various departments to develop or enhance controls that address environmental compliance obligations and known risk sources. This position will require occasional travel to operations in the Elk Valley.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who can collaborate with other departments and senior technical experts and work within a multi-disciplinary team environment. Outstanding writing skills and abilities to translate environmental obligations into meaningful procedures and training packages is vital for success. This person is also organised and can prioritize and think critically to find solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia! Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week, with every other Friday off, come experience what work life balance is all about. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and implement the Environmental training and competency program
- Establish and maintain a system of classification for environmental controls that are in alignment with the corporate Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) Management Standards
- Collaborate closely with various departments and external consultants to craft process workflows and enhance controls (Standards, Procedures, Guidelines) that address environmental compliance obligations and known risk sources
- Update controls based on incident learnings from both basic incident investigations and Incident Cause Analysis Methods (ICAMs) or regulatory changes
- Develop and deliver environmental awareness presentations
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Education in Health, Safety and Environment management, including compliance, auditing, and risk management, in combination with meaningful experience
- Minimum five years' experience in environmental management
- Experience with environmental procedures and standardized protocols, including Health, Environment, Safety and Community (HSEC)
- Technical knowledge of federal and provincial compliance practices
- Excellent knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory approvals practices, legislation, and regulations, especially within British Columbia
- Experience in supervising a direct report
- Experience in teaching and training others
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Compliance, Sustainability, Law, Mining, Legal, Energy
Construction, Mining and Trades