Our team is looking for a highly motivated forward-thinking software engineer to take on the lead role for a software development team. The team will be part of a larger project team responsible for the development and delivery, to NATO, of the Functional Services for Command and Control of Maritime Operations (TRITON).
As the lead software engineer, you shall participate in the full development life-cycle, including: planning work, providing development estimates and following through with architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. Responsibilities
- Create solutions that are attractive to customers, technically competitive, cost-effective, supportable and maintainable.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the development team.
- Collaborate with system engineers, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Interpret business requirements and mock-ups to develop or modify very complex software applications.
- Participate in integration, testing and deployment of applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems covering the spectrum from the code level through to the integrated production environments.
- Identify and incorporate tools, technologies and processes in line with long-term goals.
- Follow established development processes and corporate technical quality standards.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our development processes.
- A University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience with web and/or geospatial programming, design and development.
- Development experience with open-source geospatial software and Geospatial data services (e.g. GDAL/OGR, GeoServer, PostGIS, OpenLayers, Leaflet, OGC standards, etc).
- Experience in creating production strength software that has been used by hundreds or thousands of users.
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design as well as Behavior and Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) particularly REST and Microservices practices.
- Experience with database design, development and implementation (relational databases such as SQL Server, DB2 or PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB).
- Understanding of DevOps and the continuous integration process.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with the desire and ability to work well within a dynamic agile team environment.
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile