Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. We’re working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities to provide a personalized end-to-end customer energy experience that helps meet and accelerate carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Lead Python Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
As a Lead Python Engineer, you will lead a team of software engineers working on building new products and maintaining our existing software suite. Uplight is working with some great technology and you will have the opportunity to lead your team to deliver quality software built on our micro services architecture.
- Lead a team of cross-functional software engineers to deliver high-quality products and services. This role is a mix of individual technical contribution and team leadership.
- Contribute technically through writing code, tests, and facilitating architectural discussions/decisions.
- Provide mentorship and career growth advice to members on your team via items such as code reviews and 1-on-1 meetings.
- Work with our Product team to breakdown business problems into engineering tasks and then lead the delivery of those projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Account Management, Product Development, UX, and Support.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience on an Agile development team.
- 2+ years of experience acting in a leadership role on a development team.
- Senior-level knowledge of Python (2 and 3).
- Expert in practical application of Agile software development methodologies.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Interest and/or experience in the rapidly evolving energy sector.
- Polished communicator who interfaces productively with customers and cross-functional counterparts.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Persuasive and convincing during technical conflicts with clients.
- Experience in a product-oriented SaaS business (B2B a plus).
- Commitment to bringing new approaches and ideas to the team with a consistently positive attitude.
Our Technology Stack
- Django monolith + Flask microservices
- AWS infrastructure
- PySpark data pipeline
- GitLab source control and CI
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Software and Programming