Closing Date: March 12, 2024
Reporting to the Senior Lead Environment, the Lead Environment, is responsible for supporting project designs and associated applications that are fit for purpose and set up to maintain environmental compliance at our Fording River Operations. The successful candidate will work and coordinate with mine site departments, business units, and external communities of interest.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment. Someone with a proven record in project management who can handle competing demands across diverse teams and projects. This position requires excellent organization skills, attention to detail and a proactive demeanor.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Review and provide input on project designs, applications, and draft authorizations to support ongoing compliance and alignment with existing operations
- Coordinate the implementation of associated management plans, and conduct follow-up auditing and effectiveness reviews
- Build internal working relationships for the purposes of maintaining ongoing compliance to our conditions and commitments
- Develop working relationships with government agencies, First Nations, and other local communities of interest to support understanding of Teck's activities and commitments
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary environment and site teams; lead and supervise contractors
- Facilitate associated regulatory inspections
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Environmental or Earth Science or a related field
- Has obtained or is eligible for professional registration in B.C. is an asset (e.g., P.Eng, R.P.Bio, P.Ag, ASTTBC)
- Minimum five years of experience in environmental project management, environmental assessment or regulatory field, as well as providing technical direction on environmental risks and challenges associated with resource management
- Experience in coordinating and implementing regulatory applications and approvals in the resource development industry
- Technical knowledge of relevant federal and provincial environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices related to environmental compliance and mitigations
Teck employees receive a competitive compensation package that includes, but is not limited to, base salary plus the following benefits:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Retirement Package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Health Lifestyle Account
$96,800 - $121,000
The actual base salary offered is determined based on the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and competencies and considers internal equity.Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.About Teck
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc.
Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People .
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck has been recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights and is ranked #1 in the Metals and Mining industry on the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI).
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Compliance, Law, Project Manager, Mining, Legal, Technology
Construction, Mining and Trades