Lead, Psychology Professional Practice
BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, British Columbia, $49.83 - $62.32 per hour What you'll do
- Provide clinical and professional practice leadership to the department of psychology and participates in the planning and coordination of psychology services across the BCMHSUS Complex Mental Health and Substance Use (CMHSU) portfolio including the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital, Regional Forensic Clinics, Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addictions, and Heartwood Centre for Women. Lead, direct, and ensure standardization of evidence based practice in psychology services through collaboration and coordination with psychologists; department, program, and professional practice leads; multi-disciplinary teams and clinical unit staff, medical staff, Learning & Development personnel, and others as appropriate.
- Provide supervision to staff members, facilitate workplace solutions, and develop processes for quality assurance and adherence to professional and organizational standards. Identify departmental needs and contributes to the development of operating and capital proposals including making recommendations to the Director regarding a variety of issues such as workload, staff resources, minor and capital equipment purchases, and workspace allocation.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of job descriptions for the Psychology service. Participate in staff selection, orientation, and on-boarding and collaborates with the Director on initiatives related to engagement, practice enhancement and performance appraisal. Clarify and support performance expectations with staff members while referring actions and documentation that may require formal disciplinary action to the Director.
What you bring
- Ensure registration, professional standards, practice guidelines, and code of ethics requirements are understood, monitored, and maintained by methods such as collaborating with others and developing policies and procedures. Develop, implement and monitor quality improvement initiatives to ensure professional standards and performance are maintained and advanced for the discipline of psychology. Maintain a system of policy development to ensure policies are consistent with the professional practice guidelines and corporate policy. Maintain an awareness of legislation governing clinical practice and supports the department in meeting the associated requirements.
What's in it for you
- Graduate of a Doctoral level program in Psychology.
- Six (6) years recent related clinical experience including two (2) years' experience in a leadership capacity in clinical psychology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $49.83- $62.32 per hour
Location is flexible within British Columbia
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800 - 1600
Requisition Number: 93066 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired
, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.