Decarbonization is a central consideration for Teck's overall business strategy and its portfolio of commodities/assets. Teck has committed to achieving net-zero Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2050, with an ambition to achieve net-zero Scope 3 emissions by 2050. Part of Teck's decarbonization strategy will be to identify, accelerate and implement low emission fleet solutions to reduce the emissions profile of both our existing and future mining fleets.
Reporting to the Manager, Mobile Fleet Decarbonization, the initial focus for the Lead, Mobile Fleet Decarbonization will be: Leading development of trolley assist opportunities across Teck's operated mines, including working with sites and/or Business Units to advance trolley studies and identifying and accelerating technical solutions to make existing haul truck fleets trolley-compatible. Leading and/or supporting technology evaluations, selection, procurement, field testing and scale up of retrofit solutions for existing diesel fleets.
In order to advance both these objectives, the Lead, Mobile Fleet Decarbonization will be responsible for leading detailed technical and commercial analysis, working with subject matter experts across the business to define operational requirements and develop strategies to ensure that the potential operational impacts of low emission solutions are well understood and minimized on a site by site basis. In developing low emission strategies and tactics, the role will work with site partners and the Decarbonization team to ensure that equipment lifecycles, energy requirements and supporting infrastructure requirements are understood and incorporated into decarbonization roadmaps and planning.
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to be part of one of Canada's leading mining companies and join our team! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities of technologies or companies across all mobile equipment classes operated by Teck and that will reduce the emissions profile of existing fleets
- In collaboration with sites, develop alternative lw-emission Life of Mine, Five Year Mine Plans, presentations and documentation, and provide support for related capital forecasting and cost modelling
- Develop comprehensive cases and proposals for piloting and scaling low emission solutions for existing fleets including following structured decision-making for determining best pathways for incorporating emission reduction opportunities into existing programs such as the Haul Truck Rebuild program
- Collaborate with site management to ensure a high level of awareness on initiatives and technologies, provide project timeline updates, and initiative sustainable execution plans
- Lead mine planning and technology development projects, including contractor and consultant management as required
- Integrate and connect with other groups across Teck to develop the best overall plans for the business unit and Teck
- Research and identify market and industry trends and technology developments to generate future visioning of climate positive opportunities and to continually refine and deliver the decarbonization strategy
- Develop presentation and information packages to assist senior management in decision making
Why Join us?
- Professional designation in Engineering withminimum 10 years of progressive, senior level, industrial experience in the mining industry
- Excellent commercial analysis skills are a must
- Broad understanding of the business of mining and ability to clearly articulate value propositions for strategic investments in technology
- Experience in the operation, management and/or maintenance of trolley assist in surface mining applications will be highly regarded
- Proficient in mining planning software, with experience with the RPMGlobal suite of software considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with personnel at all levels of seniority from sites and other functional areas internally and externally
- Experience leading projects, supervising, coordinating, and communicating with multiple internal resources and external consultants
- Sophisticated analytical, decision making, critical thinking and planning, change management and organizational abilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and to be adaptable in order to respond effectively and efficiently to opportunities as they arise
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize amongst multiple projects at once and work with limited guidance
- Spanish language proficiencywould be an asset
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes at short notice. The amount of travel required to perform the role will vary but could typically be up to 30% of the year
At Teck, we offer more than just a job - we provide a pathway to personal and professional enrichment. With captivating projects set against stunning backdrops, a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, and boundless opportunities to learn and grow, joining us means embracing a fulfilling and dynamic career adventure.
Teck employees receive access to our total rewards program and comprehensive benefits package that promote physical, mental, financial, and emotional well-being. This includes but is not limited to:
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Profit Share Plan
- Health Spending Account
- Personal Spending Account
- Extended Health Care
- Dental and Vision Care
- Employer Paid Pension Plan
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Paid Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays
- Virtual Telemedicine and additional support for overall well-being
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
$130,000 - $160,000
The actual base salary offered is determined based on the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and competencies and considers internal equity. About Teck
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World's Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People . Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Transportation, Testing, Mining, Energy, Operations, Technology
Apply now »
Construction, Mining and Trades