Lead, Laboratory Quality and Process Improvement
Vancouver, BC Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
The Lead assists the Director, Laboratory Quality and Process Improvement with planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring laboratory-specific quality and performance improvement programs, focusing on maintaining an environment of continuous improvement. What you'll do
What you bring
- Work with clinical and operations leaders and staff to develop, implement, and evaluate service outcomes and performance; prioritize quality initiatives based on program functions, needs and performance measurement system; plan, develop and implement Safety and Quality Improvement education, initiatives and materials including evaluation and sustainment tools.
- Ensure laboratory-specific quality and safety activities are in alignment with accreditation requirements. Provide accreditation education to staff as required. Lead program level actions to respond to recommendations arising from accreditation surveys, and to address new accreditation requirements.
- Lead retrospective (e: Root Cause Analysis) and/or prospective reviews (e.g. Failure Modes Effect Analysis) necessitated by safety events, critical incidents or process issues related to laboratory services; monitor staff perceptions of safety, risk and quality improvement.
- Proactively educate staff regarding regulatory issues, new statutes and/or guidelines, and safety, quality, and risk management activities.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement of the department by identifying and evaluating new initiatives, developments and trends in Safety and Quality Improvement, participating in corporate lead process improvement initiatives such as imPROVE. Gather and analyze information and provide recommendations including possible recommendations on down-sizing or changes to staff deployment or training.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in a health care related field,
- Five (5) years recent related experience in policy, procedure logistics related to a laboratory environment.
You also have:
What we bring
- Knowledge and expertise in Quality Management, Performance Improvement, Safety and Accreditation standards preferred.
- Working knowledge of legal, ethical, and clinical issues associated with standard of care practices, and Accreditation Canada requirements.
- Working knowledge of evaluation techniques and methodologies including statistical analysis methods and presentation of information.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a global perspective in order to incorporate the organization's systems and strategies when developing viable solutions to program problems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (Until January 08, 2024) Salary Range:
$77,822 - $111,869. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles. Location:
Suite 504- 1001 West Broadway, Vancouver BC, V6H 4E4 Hours of Work:
Monday-Friday; 0800-1600 Requisition #
134796E What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LM Labs) provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of BC, including acute care hospital laboratories and specialty laboratories. LM Labs is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and LM Labs are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 28, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.