We're looking for a Lead Software Developer for our Mobile team. You'll be working with a team of talented developers to design, build and ship high-quality products, incorporate feedback to refine/improve beta releases, and turn beta releases into production ready/scalable products suitable for new and existing customers.While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Senior Manager, Software Development. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Collaborate with and lead your team to design, build, test, and ship high-quality software to Hootsuite's customers, dividing your time between people leadership responsibilities and writing code
- Help shape your team's and Hootsuite's technical roadmap
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your team's, through improved tooling, streamlining processes and working across product boundaries
- Share your iOS development expertise while leading a team of iOS, Android and backend developers
- Mentor more junior developers and help them grow
- The technologies you will be working with: Swift, RxSwift, GraphQL...
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software including 3 years developing native mobile applications or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Expertise in Swift and Objective C and in Apple and third party frameworks, and knowledge of modern architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVI
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale;
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice, previous experience working on a SaaS produc t will be viewed favorably
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Software and Programming