Lead Game Developer, C++ Permanent Vancouver, BC Are you ready for a career that leaves you time for your personal life? Step into a new environment with a company that believes in your potential!
Our client, a gaming development company in downtown Vancouver, is looking for leaders who have developed games using C++. Our client creates original IPs as well as partners with large multinational companies utilizing their own leading-edge technology.
The ideal candidate should have experience in a variety of areas of game development and be able and willing to work on any area of game programming needed, with a focus on full-stack development experience. Experience in mentoring and training for programmers is essential. This position will be responsible for the oversight and management of a team of programmers. About the company:
What do you need to have?
- Work with the best in the industry and be mentored by industry veterans
- Amazing work location
- Top training and the opportunity to work with external clients
- Performance based bonus
- Flexible work schedule, focused on results
- Competitive salary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5+ years' experience as a programmer in the game industry
- Expert working knowledge of C++
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Passion for playing and creating innovative games, must consider yourself as a gamer
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math, statistics, and probability
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, proven ability to tackle hard problems in creative ways
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be strongly self-motivated and an independent worker
- Experience with any of the following languages, C#, Java, Lua, HLSL/Cg shaders
- Experience with Mobile: iOS, Android
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Visual Studio, Perforce
- Experience with unit testing and TDD for server development
- Experience with C# server environments, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience running a live server environment and supporting operations
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program .
Contact Hayley Dawson for further information. Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.