Requisition ID: 155147
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotia Digitalis an innovation hub with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience, to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the support and experience of one of the world's largest banks behind us and a talented, and growing, team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At Scotia Digital, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We're looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world. About the role
As Lead, Discovery + Strategy Enablement you will lead a team of product strategists / discovery practitioners that help our product development teams at Scotia Digital define innovative and ethical products and experiences that promote customers' financial well-being. You and your team members will work with cross-functional teams (product, design, engineering) as they go through a product discovery process to explore and decide what to build next and why, supporting those teams in:
Is this role right for you?
- Problem solving: both creative and analytical
- Insights gathering and integration: researching and curating relevant information and presenting it in a synthesized and usable form
- Coaching and facilitation: guiding teams on how to use product discovery techniques to reduce uncertainty and ambiguity around the problem and solution spaces of a product so they can build better products that lead to better customer and business outcomes
- Curiousity-driven collaboration: fostering a culture where team members feel comfortable expressing themselves, clarifying and questioning each other's perspectives, assumptions, and ideas, and solving problems together
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Manage the Discovery and Strategy Enablement team and provide day-to-day oversight and coaching of team members engaged on multiple Discovery initiatives.
- Lead, work with, and support cross-functional teams in the discovery and diagnosis of root causes of customer and business problems and in generating ideas to help solve them
- Collaborate with product development teams and digital customer experience practice partners to plan and align resources in order to anticipate and uncover customer, business, and market needs and opportunities that could shape future digital products and experiences
- W ork with key stakeholders (product development teams, business line partners) to prioritize their roadmaps, and align on their vision, goals, success metrics, and scope for specific discovery and research initiatives
- Work with the Discovery + Strategy Enablement team members to establish shared product discovery practices, frameworks, methods, and tools that help de-risk product decisions leading to better products that deliver more value to customers and the bank
- Support team in creation of reusable workshops, methods, templates and resources to strengthen Discovery skills and capabilities amongst Scotia Digital employees
- Help product development teams create strategic plans by leading the design and delivery of Scotia Digital's strategic planning program
- Help coordinate and curate key insights that depict the broader context of our work and deepen teams' understanding of our customers, the bank, the financial services industry, and technology trends
- Foster a highly engaged team environment by encouraging active contributions to communities of practice, investing in talent progression and encouraging growth of team members, and providing regular, individualized feedback
- Promote a team culture of open dialogue, expressing divergent perspectives, surfacing and debating assumptions, and sharing and testing hypotheses in pursuit of better ideas, products and outcomes
- Attract and retain the best talent through inclusive hiring practices and collaborate across teams to deliver better outcomes on diviersity, equity, and inclusion practices, and be an advocate of an inclusive culture
What's in it for you?
- 8+ years of work experience in consulting, research, technology, or in roles creating change in large organizations
- Bachelor's or higher (graduate) university degree
- Experience leading engaged, collaborative, and high-performing teams
- Creative and analytical problem solving skills
- An interest in defining and diagnosing problems
- An ability to define and diagnose problems
- Critical thinking
- Intrapreneurial and self-directed in your work
- A curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation
- A disposition to appreciate the design and creative possibilities of uncertainty and ambiguity
- An ability to research and synthesize insights
- An affinity for highly collaborative team environments
- Skills in facilitating meetings, workshops, training sessions
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- An appreciation and understanding of product management and design methodologies
- Background in digital strategy, product management, project management, and financial services preferred
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19. Working Arrangement:
Remote / Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Product Development, Strategic Planning, Design Engineer, Research, Strategy, Engineering, Marketing
Software and Programming Information Technology