is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect OR Project Manager
to join our Kelowna Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design
team. We are looking for a creative, collaborative designer with experience taking projects from concept to completion. We are an agile team and are currently working under a hybrid model combining in-person team collaboration days at our Landmark6 office, while continuing to support work-from-home options.
As a member of our design team, you will be contributing to a wide range of projects and be involved in all aspects of project delivery. Our team has a broad range of projects in our portfolio including local and regional parks, urban spaces and plazas, complete streets, multi-use trails, social and multi-family housing, transit and transportation facilities and infrastructure, master planning, and ecologically based landscapes. We work collaboratively across our western team (Victoria/Vancouver/Kelowna/Edmonton/Calgary/Winnipeg) and across disciplines and are looking for someone with a curious and accountable mindset, and thoughtful approach to design.
Did we mention the position is in Kelowna, the land of wineries, lakes, mountains and endless recreation opportunities? Our team works hard but lives here for a reason. Come join us!Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Work collaboratively with senior Landscape Architects and Urban Designers in project leadership, and help mentor junior team members;
- Collaboration in an interdisciplinary environment on a wide range of project types at a range of scales;
- Participation in business development activities and thought leadership initiatives;
- Coordinating projects from planning and concept development through implementation;
- Report writing, proposal, and presentation preparation;
- Preparation of tender/construction drawings and documents;
- Participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning opportunities.
- Delegation of assignments to design support staff, both in BC and to the broader team.
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- A Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or Landscape Technology;
- 7+ years of professional experience working in Landscape Architecture / Urban Design with demonstrated experience in project management;
- Keen understanding of project development, design development and construction documentation including, site design, planting design, site grading and construction detailing;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to quickly develop and articulate different design ideas and project concepts;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strong technical skills including a working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, and contribute positively to a multidisciplinary team;
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
The following qualifications are considered an asset, but are not required:
- Full Membership (with Stamp) in the BCSLA, or eligible for membership within 6-months of hiring;
- Project coordination experience;
- A fundamental understanding of project finances and budget management;
- Contract administration experience;
- A valid driver's license to conduct site reviews and attend client meetings.
We request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO (PDF or website link) highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB. WSP
- Proficiency in Civil3D, SketchUp, Lumion, Revit, BIM and GIS.
- Design Build / P3 project experience;
- Experience in preparing specifications;
- PMP Certification.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.