Our client (located in the Vernon area) is seeking an experienced Labour Relations Specialist. With a long history in the manufacturing industry, this diverse team shares a passion for producing quality products.
- high degree of confidentiality required
- play a key role in collective bargaining process and act as a primary contact for union representatives
- support implementation of labour strategy
- build and maintain positive relationships with managers and employees
- offering guidance for management for conflict resolution, union issues, disciplinary action, terminations, etc.
- training and coaching for management related to best practice, policies, collective agreement, etc. and ensuring the application of such polities and agreements
- co-chair on the joint labour relations committees; respond to labour issues, grievances, arbitrations and mediations
- meet with union executives and committees to resolve issues that arise with employees/management/union
- investigation and fact-finding as required on employee/labour relations issues
How to Apply
- Labour Relations or Human Resources degree
- 5 years experience in Labour Relations or Human Resources in a unionized environment; 3 years experience with collective bargaining process
- CHRP an asset
- ability to communicate in both French and English an asset
- ability to meet deadlines, manage time effectively, adapt to change as needed and be a team player
- proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- ability to travel if required
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line "Labour Relations"