Company: Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
As a Labour Relations Advisor with Finning Canada, you will utilize your senior-level experience with collective bargaining, labour market research/impact analysis, grievance management and negotiations to effectively support Finning's competitive advantage.
Using your knowledge of the labour market and industry best practices, you will provide advice and guidance to business leaders and HR Representatives on collective agreement interpretation and application.
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career, then this is the opportunity for you. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Education & Experience:
- Interface with Business Leaders and Human Resources representatives to provide advice and guidance regarding the interpretation, compliance, administration and implementation of the Collective Agreement(s) terms and conditions
- Advise management of potential employee issues and oversee the investigation and research required to successfully work through employee issues and grievances
- Work with Union Business Representatives on the management of labour issues including grievance management and addressing day to day inquires
- Act or assist in Chief Spokesperson responsibilities for negotiations/collective bargaining of Collective Agreements
- Contribute to the collective bargaining pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing to develop and provide guidance on the strategy and obtain leadership approval on the mandate
- Research and conduct comparative analysis of internal and external Collective Agreements and other specific project related documents to arrive at useable market data
- Oversee and be responsible for the research, administration and distribution of labour relations documents including wage schedules, meeting minutes, summaries, presentations, Collective Agreements and their associated documents involving unionized employees
- Maintain best practice and knowledge of setting precedent on issues which put the company at risk
- Management of Labour Relations administration including support for arbitration/mediation, grievance handling, human rights complaints, analytics and reporting
- Work with external legal counsel on complex labour relations matters
- Act as a point of contact for external and internal Industrial Relations related inquiries
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in human resources with a least 5 years working in a labour relations advisor role
- Experience with collective bargaining, pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing to develop and provide guidance on the strategy and obtain leadership approval on the mandate
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Labour Relations issues, applicable legislation and case law
- Solid knowledge in MS Office and HRIS applications
- Knowledge of HR Programs, Policies and Procedures coupled with business acumen
- Maintain a current knowledge of HR best practices
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.