Under supervision takes blood from patients, enters patient demographics and test requests in the Laboratory Information System and collect and prepare blood and other specimens for analysis. Collects and distributes specimens to the appropriate laboratory sections, packages specimens for referral to the outside agencies. Perform tests such as urine analysis and glucose monitoring, ECG's and Holter Monitoring tests, operates related equipment and performs related clerical duties. Qualifications
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to type at 25 w. p. m.
View Quesnel Community