Platinum Recruiting has the pleasure of recruiting for a Lab Manager. This role will be based out of our client’s medical device manufacturing facility in their newly built testing laboratory. This requires a strong leader who will thrive in a complex and faced paced working environment, who is able to shift direction easily and requires daily problem solving & critical thinking in a calm and communicative manner.
The Lab Manager is responsible for managing all facets of daily operations, maintenance, and finances of a medical device testing laboratory to stimulate a culture of continuous improvement and to maintain a positive work environment.
Provides technical leadership and consultation for their laboratory operations and provides technical consultation to their manufacturing facility as needed, regarding laboratory testing and manufacturing environmental control. The lab team provides testing services for raw materials and finished products within an ISO 13485 environment.
- Develop, lead, and drive the laboratory operations activities enabling innovation of technologies and techniques, drive workflow and process improvements through standardization and development of policy, processes, and procedures,
- Develops departmental strategic goals and objectives based on corporate goals and strategies; long and short-term strategic goals and objectives; analyze impact of decisions,
- Ensure orders are produced and followed according to specifications and quality standards are met,
- Ensure equipment calibration and maintenance,
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place and appropriately utilized to maintain company accreditations,
- Promote and comply with occupational and BSL2 health, safety, and environmental standards including ergonomics, safe lab operating procedures, good housekeeping practices, and the observance of protective equipment requirements at all times, conduct safety checks throughout the day,
- Facilitate and document employee training, recognition program, performance reviews, behavior and performance coaching, and disciplinary actions in consultation with Human Resources,
- Monitor and audit new employee onboarding activities to ensure that new employees receive appropriate training and mentorship through our training program,
- Lead employee scheduling, including coverage for absenteeism, job rotation planning, vacation, time off and timecards approvals,
- Lead, coach, and mentor Team Leads on a day-to-day basis and provide regular feedback to aid good performance,
- Attend and mentor the daily departmental team meetings,
- Support the requirements infrastructure and implementation of ISO 17025 Quality Management Systems,
- Develops, monitors and reports on operating costs for laboratory; makes recommendations and implements solutions to cost containment issues,
- Ability to expand and scale laboratory capabilities if required,
- Executes efficient decision-making and dissemination of information across all areas of Laboratory Operations for time-sensitive needs,
- Other tasks and projects as assigned,
- Lab Technician Leads (2)
- Lab Technicians (6)
- Minimum master’s degree in science preferably Biological,
- Excellent financial, business, and technical experience with government compliance, contracts, and spreadsheets,
- 5+ years relevant experience directing or managing testing laboratory (preferability controlled environment),
- Experience working with ISO, GLP standards, BSL2 Policy,
- Excellent verbal, written facilitation, and negotiation skills required,
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills,
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and to set and achieve targets,
- Prior experience in a fast-paced start-up environment a plus,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Knowledge and experience in validation methodologies,
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft 365.
This position requires extensive time sitting at a desk; frequently spends time standing and walking; occasional time bending, reaching and working conditions include ISO cleanroom production, office, and laboratory environments.
This is a salaried, full-time, permanent opportunity, with advancement potential and an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization who are making a difference in our community and will offer a “people first’ culture who display company values of Passion, Respect, Ownership and Joy.
Apply today, by sending your resume cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Manufacturing and Production