Receives patients; collects, labels and sorts specimens, processes requisitions, performs related clerical duties, cleans equipment, collects soiled linen and performs other related laboratory duties. Qualifications
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Abilitiy to type 25 WPM.
View Mackenzie Community