We are currently seeking Kitchen Supervisors to join our community at S+L Kitchen & Bar in South Surrey!
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for all kitchen operations at their specific location in support of the Sous Chef (SC) and Head Chef (HC). He or she has the autonomy to make decisions that will positively impact the business in areas of guest satisfaction and food quality and is responsible for ensuring the profitability and cleanliness of the kitchen in alignment with the HC. Further the SC is responsible for assisting the HC in staffing, training and development of all kitchen positions.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all kitchen positions execute nightly routines and complete checklists and log out reports.
- Assisting the HC with all areas of kitchen recruitment and training, including onboarding and continued training and development.
- Assisting the HC with conducting monthly environment audits as per JRG and local health protection standards, including cooking line, prep areas, storage areas, prep halls, loading docks, exterior compounds, coolers and freezers.
- Assisting the HC with controlling food costs by reviewing portion control, minimizing waste and conducting weekly food inventory counts and variances are investigated.
- Tracking QSA's and provide follow up training and improvements.
- Assisting the HC with managing kitchen staff schedule, overtime and labour targets.
- Maintain high level food quality and presentation in accordance with organization's standard recipes and specifications.
- Supervising team of 5 or more
- Hours and shifts may vary. Includes working evenings, weekends and holidays. Work is performed in restaurant kitchen and office environments.
- Staff discount at all JRG locations and discounted meals during shifts
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity to participate in the Company's Extended Health Benefits Plan after 6 months of employment
- Access to ongoing training and development through Joseph Richard University (JRU)
- Opportunity for advancement throughout all JRG establishments and divisions
- Opportunity to participate in the JRG Join Us Employee Referral Program
Hospitality and Tourism Restaurants and Food Service