We are seeking a Junior Chemical Engineer to join our water treatment team in either our Vancouver, Victoria, or Calgary Offices. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of water and wastewater treatment projects in the areas of industrial, mine water and municipal as well as in bench and pilot-scale laboratory work. New Graduates are encouraged to apply A day in the life:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Integration with our water treatment group and being pro-active with your verbal and written communication to develop required relationships;
- Preparation of technical reports, proposals, specifications, process schematics, and layout drawings;
- Analysis and design regarding water treatment projects: process and technology selection, equipment sizing and specification, process modeling, mass balance, hydraulic analysis, 3D layout;
- Involvement in water-treatment related projects at concept, feasibility, preliminary design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and operation phases;
- Involvement with multiple simultaneous projects while managing your time to meet evolving project schedules;
- Communication and coordination with team members and equipment vendors, leading into communication with clients and sub-contractors as your experience grows;
- Providing project support for a variety of intermediate and senior staff;
- Being receptive to on-going training from colleagues and seniors regarding effective delivery of projects;
- Primarily office-based consulting engineering work with frequent opportunities for fieldwork, with some travel required; and,
- Frequent opportunities for laboratory bench-scale testing work.
What you'll bring to WSP:
The preferred candidate will posses the following skills and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering;
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as EIT or P.Eng with a Canadian Engineering Association;
- 0-2 years relevant working experience since graduation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; French skills are an asset;
- Strong organizational skills in both information management and time management;
- Experience in technical problem-solving with industry-standard commercial computer software;
- Experience with, or aptitude for, business development and proposal writing;
- Proven record of both independent work and ability to work effectively within a team environment;
- Process modeling experience with HYSIM/HYSIS and OLI software, or Metsim software is an asset;
- Field experience is an asset;
- Graduate degree(s) are an asset; and
- Valid driver's license.
Expected Salary (all locations): $53 900 - $91 700
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.