Engineering Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sophos Inc. is recruiting Junior Threat Researchers to work closely with our global team of highly skilled security experts. As a Junior Threat Researcher you will be part of the front line responsible for helping to protect millions of users worldwide from computer security threats like malware, spam and phishing. This role would be ideal for new graduates or entry level candidates who are passionate about computer security and has high aptitude for solving challenging puzzles with an attention to detail.
- Analyze malware, spam campaigns and other threats
- Reverse engineer files to discover their functionality and risks to customers
- Write high-quality detection identities for threats
- Write threat descriptions for publication on the Sophos website and threat research whitepapers.
- Build, test and publish detection data files
- Triage requests submitted by other departments and respond to tasks or escalate more complex issues to senior team members
- Answer customer queries routed via Technical Support and internal queries from all departments
- Identify opportunities to write blogs for the Sophos website to raise customer awareness
- Available for occasional weekend shifts
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of development/programming experience
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Experience with a broad range of operating systems, programming languages and file formats
- Experience with x86 assembly
- Knowledge of a scripting language, such as Python or Perl
- Bachelors degree in Computer Software (or equivalent)
- Malware and computer security experience is preferred
- Reverse engineering experience a bonus
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.
Posted: November 17, 2017
Closes:January 16, 2018