Ballard's Product Engineering Department has an opening for a Test Engineer
to join the Systems Engineering Platform team supporting the fuel cell balance of plant systems being developed for heavy duty applications. Working in a cross functional product development environment, this position requires an individual to work with Mechanical, Electrical and Test Engineers to develop and evaluate Ballard's fuel cell system products and technologies for motive applications. Responsibilities:
- Testing of fuel cell module components and reporting out on results
- Testing of fuel cells or fuel cell modules and reporting out on results
- Assisting in the verification of mechanical process systems
- Data review and analysis of fuel cell modules in the Ballard test lab
- Data review and analysis of deployed Ballard fuel cell modules for identification of potential premature failures.
- Test equipment troubleshooting for either mechanical or electrical systems.
- Assist in the development of test requirements based on design requirements
- Execution of tests on state of the art test equipment
- Execute initial statistical/engineering analysis
- Preparation of reports
- Degree in mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical engineering, engineering physics, or a related field.
- Experience in both an industrial and product development setting.
- Good knowledge of structural design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow design and selection of mechanical components.
- Experience with standard engineering practices such as DFMEA, Product Certification, Codes and Standards, and Safety & Reliability Analysis.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with your hands.
- Practical experience with mechanical and electrical systems is highly preferable.
- Previous background with fuel cells and/or fuel cell systems is highly preferable.
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.