is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable LANGLEY
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Technologist to join our Building Science team , located at our Langley, BC office. Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for:RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform property condition assessments and reserve fund studies
• Assist in the creation of construction-related drawings (using AutoCAD v. 10 or better), technical specifications, and reports for new construction and rehabilitation projects
• Assist the preparation of building investigation reports, and construction documents
• Participate in design meetings with owners, developers, architects, and other consultants.
• Conduct building investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options
• Perform invasive investigations, which may include ladder work, tool operation, working at heights, working in confined spaces, and making field measurements
• Perform construction site visits, documenting observations and field-testing results
• Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems
• Short-term (out of town work) travel is required
• Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base
• Other duties as assigned/required. QUALIFICATIONS
• College Diploma in Civil Engineering or engineering degree in Civil, Mechanical Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science or a construction-related discipline
• Registered or eligible for registration in ASTTBC or EGBC
• Knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs, and parking structures
• Ability to gather and diagnose information, interpret data and drawings
• A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people
• Excellent communicator, with strong verbal and written skills
• Skill in use of building science analytical software such as WUFI, THERM or similar packages is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and AutoCAD are considered essential
• Experience in Consulting Engineering or a related field is an asset
• Personal commitment to green issues/sustainability
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades