Support IT needs and system deployments for both internal and external projects
Company: STR-SpeechTech Ltd
Job Category: Technology
November 8, 2023 Company Overview STR-SpeechTech Ltd. (STR)
is a leading developer and supplier of mission-critical voice and text generation systems for the air traffic management industry. Our StarCaster® text-to-speech systems are deployed worldwide, enhancing aviation information broadcasts for operational efficiency and flight safety.
Located in Victoria, Canada, STR has been dedicated to meeting our customers' needs for high quality speech and signal processing products and services for more than 25 years. Job Summary
Join our dynamic project development and deployment team in the aviation industry. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will support IT needs and system deployments for both internal and external projects. This role requires strong interpersonal skills, logical troubleshooting, testing experience, task management, and root cause analysis abilities. Self learning and ability to assist all departments even when outside of core competencies is crucial. Ability to travel is expected. Mandatory Requirements
* This is an office-based position that requires domestic and international travel (up to 50% of work time based upon project requirements)
* Candidates must be able to travel for extended periods (2-3 weeks)
* Candidates must have a valid driver's license and G7 passport
* Candidates must be able to travel within the USA Key Responsibilities
* Support IT-related issues for STR and project deployments
* Conduct tests, system training, and system builds
* Document hardware and software setup procedures
* Manage internal company IT infrastructure
* Assist the Project Manager and sales & business development activities
* Provide technical support to pre-sales and business development
* Participate in proposal development
* Support network, system, and project documentation
* Assist projects and report on them as needed
* Maintain and document OEM equipment requirements for STR product line
* Execute project management activities
* Manage customer expectations and provide rapid support
* Participate in company meetings as required Technical Expertise
Networking - Familiarity and experience with:
- Configuration of command line networking equipment: Cisco, HP Aruba, etc.
- Working in L3 environments: VLAN, routing, etc.
- Packet capture with Wireshark
Operating Systems - Troubleshooting and configuration of:
- Windows Server
Virtualization - Management and deployment of virtual infrastructure with:
- VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix Hypervisor, etc.
Scripting - Creation and troubleshooting of shell scripts:
- PowerShell, BASH, etc.
Other Tools: Microsoft Office products, Firewalls, VPNs, Issue Tracking Systems, etc.
Electronics - Basic familiarity with:
- Multimeter usage
- Pinout identification and diagraming
- Copper and fiber cabling Experience
* Field experience in technical support, network and system deployments, and/or Information technology
* Degree, diploma, and/or relevant certifications in IT or a related field
* Industry knowledge is a bonus Other Skills
* Ability to maintain client relationships and ensure satisfaction
* Positive attitude under pressure
* Willingness to mentor and take on additional duties
* Strong communication skills
* For international travel, second language skills (French, Spanish) are beneficial How to Apply
STR will offer a competitive salary based on skills and experience. We thank all those who apply to STR-SpeechTech, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com
. Include your name and "Junior Systems & IT Specialist" in the subject line. No phone calls please. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level