Are you keen to have large scale impact in the work that you do? Are you eager to learn and develop your career in software and systems engineering? Do you want to work with experienced engineers who are delivering leading-edge technical solutions?
If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider MDA to launch your career or bring your past experiences to a new level and impact.Position Description:
This is an opportunity to join our Land Administration Engineering team. We are developing large web-based solutions that help governments with the management and provision of land and property ownership information. Our customers are worldwide, but include a strong presence in British Columbia.
Our systems are high-availability production systems with large-scale client/server architectures. Usability, reliability, performance and client productivity are key. Our development methodology is based on the 'Agile' approach and our technology selection includes latest Java technologies and frameworks including: Spring, Hibernate, Bootstrap, Angular, Eclipse RCP, XML, Spring-MVC, and both ReST and SOAP based Web Services.Primary Activities
As a full-stack Software Engineer, you will participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle and your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating engineering solutions that are attractive to our customers and are cost-effective
- Working from requirements to develop or modify complex software applications
- Planning work, providing effort estimates and driving your work to completion
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high quality software applications
- Participating in integration, testing and deployment of software applications
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment
- Following established development processes and corporate technical and quality standards
Successful candidates have the following capabilities, experience and skills:
- A university degree or technical diploma from an accredited institution in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience
- Team-friendly attitude and a willingness to learn and work on all stages of the standard software life cycle including post-delivery support
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints
Successful candidates have strong knowledge and experience with:
- RESTful web APIs and endpoints
- Behaviour Driven Development and Domain-Driven Design
- Source code control using GitHub or Subversion
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for both macro and micro services
- Database and SQL knowledge, DB2 and/or PostgreSQL
It would be an asset for candidates to have experience with:
- Maven build scripts.
- Web development: HTML (HTML5 & CSS) and XML/XSL
- Jenkins, CI integration
- Cloud deployment via Cloud Foundry
- API documentation in Apiary
- Gherkin and Cucumber
- Logging via Elastisearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
For candidates with less than three years of work experience, please include a transcript of your grades with your application.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile