GRQA195 L ocation:
Vancouver, BC Term:
Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
We are growing our QA Team and are looking for energetic and easy going individuals who are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and capable of working in a larger synergetic team setting.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and have what it takes to narrow down those hard to reproduce bugs! Role Responsibilities:
- Design and maintenance of the automated test framework(s) that the QA developer works on
- Write clean, well-tested, automation code
- Identify, report and verify software defects and work with developers to help to reproduce and resolve bugs
- Report and escalate bugs that are found in the application via automated testing
- Assist with the setup and trouble-shooting of test environments that are owned by the team
- Assist QA staff in using the automation framework and in understanding how to develop test fixture
- Provide effort estimates for tasks they are working on
- Provide feedback on test automation architecture and requirements that relate to the features being worked on
- Work with Senior QA Analyst(s) in definition and implementation of new QA tools
- Work in a client-server environment that requires the use of both front end (web app) and back end (a series of systems designed to archive incoming messages) to execute test cases
- 1-2 years of web application automation test experience
- In-depth understanding of testing methodologies and their relevance to the product under test.
- Can easily identify methodologies that have not yet been applied to your areas of responsibility and their benefit
- Granular understanding of points of integration between product under test and other test suites
- General understanding of domains and networking principles
- General understanding of the software development life cycle
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in co-ordination with coworkers (rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you)
- Quick learner who enjoys learning new technologies and is able to keep the big picture in mind while testing a multi-integrating system
- A basic understanding of MIME email format, mail headers, mail servers (SMTP and IMAP) and mail clients (i.e. MS Outlook/Outlook Express)
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows Platforms
- Experience with GIT or SVN
- Experience with tools such as J-Meter/Test Partner/Selenium for Functional Automation
- Previous work experience with manual testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.