Vancouver, BC Term:
Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2011-2012), Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013-2014), and Deloitte's list of the 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2011-2014).
With over 375 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit ( www.globalrelay.com
). The Role:
We are growing our QA team and are looking for energetic and easy going individuals who are interested in expanding their existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working in a larger synergetic team setting.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and have what it takes to narrow down those hard to reproduce bugs! Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Participate in specifications review, test planning, creation and execution of test cases, defect reporting, and defect verification
- Responsible for identifying and raising risks as early as possible in an Agile environment
- Produce project documentation for internal and external use (e.g. FAQs, setup documentation, test plans, test cases, release notes, etc.)
- Perform automation of test cases for a client-server systems
- Assist other QA team members and developers in the setup and configuration of test environment
- Collaborate with other departments during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers
- Perform low-level analysis of complicated systems with many points of integration where you may be exposed to the code base
- Perform functional and performance testing for a mission critical high-availability systems
- Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows
- Work closely with designers and developers to help build software that is testable and robust
Recent graduate from Computer Science or related field with Co-Op experience or up to 2 years' work experience
Course work or work experience testing web applications
Good knowledge of web application, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Previous experience with TestLog test case management software
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence WIKI
- Experience with Automation tools such as J-Meter, Selenium
- Comfortable working on Mac or Linux platforms
- Experience with the Git version control system
- Experience with continuous build integration and test automation
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Fluency in multiple languages (oral and written) an asset
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter, resume and university transcripts in one PDF document
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.