UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
Position: Junior Project Manager
Dealership: Head Office
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 21 automotive brands across 34 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
The Junior Project Manager will be assisting in the overall development and construction of commercial projects assigned and is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations by influencing, developing and implementing agreed upon project plans ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.A Career at OpenRoad Means You'll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including; Acura Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to: Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching, Tool Purchase Subsidy
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill-development and growth
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly and progressive work-culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan, tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee/coordinate the development and construction process of multiple commercial buildings, in coordination with the Director of Projects and the project team(s)
- Review project budget and perform quality take-offs as required.
- Review pre-construction and construction drawings, to ensure adequate design coordination and tender, and advise of any issues in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the project including costs, schedule, quality, safety and project status.
- Oversee the preparation of the construction schedule and that it is maintained throughout the construction and warranty process.
- Communicating with the Director of Projects regarding any concerns, discrepancies, additions or alterations that may arise during the course of construction to a building or, areas affected by a building on the site.
- Liaison with Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Municipal and government agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the construction field on commercial construction projects.
- Experience with large complex projects.
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with all project Stakeholders.
- Strong planning and execution skills.
- Superior analytic, problem-solving and judgment skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Strong technical skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); MS Project.
- Current knowledge of project management tools including Microsoft Project and scheduling software.
Current knowledge of Construction Contracts and Change Management.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.