At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job DescriptionJob Summary:
The Planning team being the heart of our operations, we work closely together with Sales, Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Manufacturing (MFG) team to strive in providing customers with quality products when it is needed. This includes working with the Sales team to provide accurate lead time based on our current component and capacity availability and working with Supply Chain Management (SCM)/Manufacturing (MFG) team to mitigate risk of deviating from our schedule. The Junior Planner needs to proactively highlight and escalate when customer commitments are not able to be met and are able to notify customers in a timely manner. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated individual that is capable in working within a cross-functional team environment.Primary Duties & Responsibilities: (may include some or all of the following)
- Working alongside and developing Planning/Scheduling skills from other Planners in the team
- Working with Sales Admin team to provide lead time and ship date confirmation on customer orders
- Generate and maintain accurate production schedule for the MFG area within SAP
- Highlight component constraints to SCM team and collaboratively mitigate risk to customer commitments
- Coordinate with MFG team to minimize impact of foreseen capacity constraints
- Escalate when ability to hit customer committed dates are at risk
- Work with Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) team to help ensure accuracy of inventory transaction and inventory levels
- Generate and schedule rework and test production orders based on inquiries from various teams
- Assist in coordinating the transition of Engineering Change Request (ECR)/End of Life (EOL) products
- Assist in coordinating New Product Introduction (NPI) related activities
- Assist and troubleshoot issues in Mfg as they arise - material delays, missing/lost parts, production order mistakes/questions, label/scanning errors, etc.
- Assist in the cycle counts and annual inventory count planning & preparation.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, specifically within production planning and scheduling.
- Operations Management Diploma or CPIM/APICS Certified is an asset
- 1-2 years of experience in Manufacturing environment, specifically Production Control, Scheduling or Inventory Control
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Detail oriented, organized, and efficient.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem identification and solving skills. Able to be creative when trouble-shooting problems.
- Self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.