is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER
WSP are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
You will work on projects involving occupational hygiene, environmental, health & safety and sustainability management. You will be involved in a broad range of projects helping to support our clients' goals of EHS performance improvement. An overview of your role will include:
• Supporting multi-discipline EHS projects across a variety of sectors. Specific services and expertise provided may include Occupational Health & Hygiene, Radiation Protection, EHS Management Systems, and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG), which will include:
• Conducting hygiene audits and site assessments, hygiene monitoring of noise and biological & chemical substances, indoor air quality monitoring and assessments, Conducting building assessments for hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead, and mould;
• Providing Project Coordination Services, which will include:
• Assisting the project manager initiate and manage projects from the proposal stage to completion, developing project scopes of work and budgets, preparing proposals, scheduling and supervising resources to ensure projects are progressing efficiently, generating reports and correspondence and identifying and rectifying site issues and project concerns.
• Organizing and providing support during workshops involving participation from stakeholders and demonstrating experience summarizing and presenting results with an emphasis on written communication
• Work under the direction of senior staff to complete business plan objectives at the local, regional and global scale
• You'll have the opportunity to travel within the province and nationally for project requirements Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree and/or diploma in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent Environmental Sciences, or demonstrated expertise in the consulting field
• Certification, or actively working towards an Industrial or Occupational Hygienist (CIH or ROH) or Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
• Knowledge of occupational health and safety and environmental legislation & occupational hygiene practices
• Experience in providing services and/or training in fall arrest, confined spaces and/or hazardous materials management considered as asset;
• Computer skills for data management and manipulation including strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
• Possession of valid driver's license required
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.