is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable Victoria
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department , located at our Victoria office. Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical this position will be responsible for a technical role in the mechanical engineering group in the Victoria office. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reporting directly to a Project Manager
• Working in a team environment
• Working on a wide range of project assignments within the mechanical buildings field, including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection
• Taking responsibility for project assignments from concept design to completion of construction
• Communicating effectively with clients, design professionals, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction
• Reliably and promptly responding and attending to clients' needs
• Understanding and practicing safe work procedures
• Understanding and adhering to project budgets and timelines
• Following established quality assurance and quality control processes
• Reviewing and assessing existing systems, and preparing condition reports
• Preparing load calculations utilizing industry standard heating/cooling load analysis and energy modelling software
• Selecting systems and equipment and preparing project specifications
• Coordinating preparation of project drawings utilizing industry standard drafting and BIM modelling software.
• Other duties as assigned/required. QUALIFICATIONS
• University or Technical college degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• EIT or P.Eng. registration with APEGBC
• 2 - 5 years of experience in consulting mechanical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required
• Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CARRIER HAP or TRANE Trace, and AutoCAD are required. Proficiency with REVIT is considered an asset
• An extensive understanding of building construction, building mechanical systems and controls
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades