Who They Are:
As one of Vancouver’s larger law firms, they balance the benefits and resources you expect from a full-service establishment with the friendly, team-oriented environment you’d find at a smaller practice.
Firm members, whether lawyers, staff, or students, share a sense of initiative, strong communication skills, and a pragmatic approach to the work.
Who They Are Looking For:
Our client is currently recruiting for a junior Personal Injury Legal Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to a busy Personal Injury Associate. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with personal injury experience but may be open to other opportunities within the firm once the contract has been completed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform client intake activities, including conflict searches, client identification/verification, retainer letters, opening files, etc.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as filings, couriers, scanning, printing and binding, etc.
- Schedule various independent medical appointments
- Schedule trials, discoveries, hearings, etc.
- Assist with preparation and filing of court materials
- Request and follow up on medical records, reports and wage loss documents
- Maintain both electronic and physical filing systems
- Liaise with ICBC
- Draft correspondence and documents i.e. Affidavits, List of Documents, List of Specials, Settlement Proposals
- Calendar management, including scheduling telephone, video conference and in-person client meetings, booking boardrooms and setting up virtual meetings
- Post time sheets (using Acumin accounting software)
- Generate monthly WIP and AR Reports and prepare client invoices
- Maintain bring forward system for limitation and follow-up dates
- Provide back-up support for client invoicing (using Acumin accounting software)
- Perform other related duties as required
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of Personal Injury and Part 7 benefits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to take initiative and use good judgment.
- Liaise and communicate professionally with clients, lawyers and staff