Our client is a boutique law firm located in downtown Vancouver. They are looking for a Junior Legal Administrative Assistant to work on ICBC Defence files, as well as some Corporate and Family Law files.
The successful applicant will be a hard working, proactive self-starter, who is keen to increase your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
As a Legal Administrative Assistant, you will work closely with the close-knit team of experienced Lawyers, Paralegals and Legal Administrative Assistants.
- Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate from an accredited institution
- At least 1 year of litigation work experience
- Familiarity with the Rules of Court and related forms and practice directions
- Experience with rules of procedure in provincial and/or federal administrative tribunals would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, BC Online and E-filing of court documents
- Able to work independently as well as part of a legal team
- Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Draft legal documents and correspondence from standard precedents (eg.list of documents and applications)
- Assist Lawyers and Paralegals with BF system regarding limitation dates and follow-up actions
- Assist Lawyers and Paralegals with incoming and outgoing mail, resulting responses, and action items
- Liaise with clients, experts, opposing counsel, witnesses and adjusters for simple requests
- Maintain a basic understanding of legal procedures such as Acts, Rules, Regulations, etc. within the areas of litigation and personal injury, and within the scope of their role
- Perform general administrative tasks including file management (opening/closing of files, filing, etc.)
- Scheduling witnesses
- Filing documents
- Administrative tasks including scanning, photocopying, file management, etc.
- Other duties as assigned