is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable The Opportunity:
WSP | Golder has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Hydrogeologist to join our mining Hydrogeology team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver BC. Candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Hydrogeology and an interest in working on hydrogeological projects in the mining industry. Hydrogeological work may include:
• Conducting site investigations, such as:
• Installing monitoring wells, pumping wells, and vibrating wire piezometers.
• Undertaking hydrogeological testwork (packer testing, pumping tests etc.).
• Data compilation, analysis and interpretation.
• Collecting hydrogeological and geotechnical information from drilling operations.
• Working on groundwater inflows to open pits, underground mines and seepage analyses.
• Reporting to support impact assessments, feasibility studies, and mine site water management.
• We place a strong emphasis on developing practical solutions to meet our Client's needs, and preference will be given to individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills in addition to strong technical competence and reporting. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
• Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
• Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
• Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
• A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP #Globalmining A day in the life:
• You will get many opportunities for domestic and international travel to exciting and remote mining locations that may involve extended field-work assignments. You will be involved in a broad range of technical services in the field of hydrogeology and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• You will help in developing, planning, managing, and reporting on hydrogeological field investigation programs that may include: drilling, soil sampling, coring, monitoring well installation, single, and multi-well aquifer pumping or injection packer testing, water sampling.
• You will work as a crew leader for planning, logistics, and equipment calibration
• You will be responsible for personal and team safety during field operations
• You will be responsible for data entry of field data collection as wells as some data analysis and interpretation.
• You should have solid organizational skills (prioritization, time management, record keeping, follow up, tracking)
• You should be comfortable driving in remote and off-road settings, as well as helicopter travel and operating off-road vehicles (i.e. UTV, ATV, ARGO, Snowmobile) - safety and competency training will be provided
• You will develop a positive working relationships in a team environment
• You will understand, follow, and participate in Golder's health and safety programs
• You have quantitative skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail as well as having an understanding of the principles of hydrogeology We'd love to hear from you if you have...
• A Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Geology/Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering, with demonstrated course work or thesis in physical hydrogeology and/or geochemistry and geophysics
• 1-3 years of experience in a geological, hydrogeological or mining related role
• An interest in developing work and project experience in hydrogeology within the mining industry
• You enjoy fieldwork and like to work autonomously - think the opposite of your standard 9-5 desk job!
• You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Junior (3 - 5 years)