TeraSpan Networks is looking for a junior outside plant fiber optic technician immediately to join our Burnaby based team. Working alongside or under the direction of a senior fiber tech, the junior tech will be directly involved in all aspects of fiber optic network installation and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have a mix of relevant technical skills and will be motivated to deliver exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will be required to work various shifts, which are primarily standard weekdays, but will also include evenings and weekends depending on business requirements. TeraSpan provides 24 x 7 network support and maintenance as part of its operations and it is anticipated that the successful candidate will become a member of the 24 x 7 support team on a rotating basis.
- High school graduate with grade 12 math or equivalent.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License (with a clean driver’s abstract).
- Must be able to read color markings on fibre cable.
- Passion to learn with technical curiosity and ability.
- Commitment to delivering a positive customer experience.
- Flexibility to meet business demands; days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to work outdoors and in adverse conditions if required
- Must be willing to travel for out-of-town projects
Preference will be given to applicants with the following skills and/or experience:
- telecommunications or electrical installation experience
- safety training (fall arrest, confined space)
- other training (First aid, TCP, forklift, etc)
Expected start date: Immediately
Job Type: Full-time
#47 - Cymax Group - Growing a Diverse Workforce
About Teraspan Networks Inc.
TeraSpan Networks Inc is a full service telecommunications contractor. We have multiple employment opportunities to work on our network installation projects.Read More