148338 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will
• Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
• Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
• Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environments to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
• Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design.
• Understanding of databases and web application servers.
Bonus if you have experience with:
• Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
• Building software that has to scale to thousands of users concurrently
• Database integration with SQL and object relational mapping tools
• Web services (REST, OData)
• Source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, Perforce, etc.
At least 6 months of experience developing web applications which can be in coop terms or academic projects. Bonus if done in a team environment in a software company.
#cloudjobsYVR SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Job Segment:
Analytics, Developer, Web Design, Engineer, Data Analyst, Management, Technology, Creative, Engineering, Data