The Junior Detail Planner, Pipe and Mechanical Change will specialize as an Engineering Change Planner and be responsible for coordinating and planning emergent engineering and liaison changes. The role will require working hand in hand with engineering, detail planning, production control, and trades to plan and schedule emergent change scope of work. The role also requires the maintenance of the engineering change log to have a live status of the change impact on the project. Duties/Accountabilities
• Support the triaging and assigning of incoming change scope of work based on type of change and related production/schedule impact.
• Coordination with engineering, procurement, production control, and trades to successfully schedule and implement emergent engineering and liaison change notices.
• Maintain engineering change planning log with planning and production control activities and status of the changes in relation to these activities.
• Maintain business change tracker in line with actions that relate directly to planning to ensure that the project status is accurately reflected in real time.
• Supporting the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Review Board (CRB) meetings by accepting or rejecting proposed Engineering Changes.
• Track changes within Detail Planning to ensure that the Detail Planning schedule is updated with all changes and to ensure that work packages are generated based on the most recent updates.
• Coordinates trade input into work instructions and work packages to reflect best implementation practices.
• Budgets change work packages based on contract estimates and historical trade performance to create baselines for production work.
• Input of work package updated schedules and budgets into Vancouver Shipyards's MRP system to support the collection of data for the cost accounts. Education and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred. Trades Certificate combined with sufficient employment experience will be considered.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in planning and/or change coordination at a large manufacturing firm.
• Previous experience with management of engineering change is highly desirable. Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
• Proficiency working with independent planning systems including Primavera P6 (preferred) and Microsoft Project.
• Proficiency working with CAD/CAM software suite including ShipConstructor (preferred) and AutoCAD.
• Experience using an ERP system in a large manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of EVMS principles and their application in monitoring, reporting and controlling work activities.
• Knowledge of shipbuilding operations is desirable
• Strong problem-solving skills, analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
• Good judgment and reasoning skills.
• Ability to work with limited direction and to function as a key team member
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades