- Design on various land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Participate in project meetings with contractors, clients/owners and affected stakeholders;
- Take projects from preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, plans, and project documentation requirements, using primarily Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed;
- Coordinate the preparation of documents required for regulatory approvals, prepare construction cost estimates and tender documents/contracts;
- Liaison with contractors and contract management of projects during construction;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited college;
- 1-5 years of experience in the design of land development and municipal infrastructure projects is desirable;
- Recent graduates may apply;
- Registration as an AScT or other technical accreditation is an asset;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is desirable;
- Ability to understand and come quickly up to speed on local development bylaws and regulations;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a busy and close-knit team environment; and
- Must possess strong communication skills.
Expected Salary (all locations): $46,500/yr - $79,000/yr
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians