Junior Data Warehouse Developer About the opportunity
As part of our Americas Business Intelligence Team, a Junior Data Warehouse Developer contributes to the construction of analytically oriented data sources to support business analysis. Duties may include monitoring systems and processes, adjusting data processing, gathering requirements, profiling source system data, designing relational and analytic data models, or developing extract and transformation processes to load operational data stores, the data warehouse and data marts under close guidance from other members of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring production data and transformation systems for nominal operation
- Diagnosis, triage, and repair of abnormal data processing, recommend and adjust processes to handle future occurrences automatically
- Construction and enhancement of operational data stores
- Converting analyst prototypes/proof of concepts into robust enterprise data sources
- Interpreting, testing, and challenging business-supplied rules and calculations into data warehouse transformation logic
- Feeding back to data analysts in the business regarding unusual data profiles or behaviour during transformations, and working with them to understand the underlying causes
- Work within the currently established data management framework - continuing a consistent data processing methodology
- Responding to and engaging with data analysts to research and clarify information or patterns in data
- Suggesting customer-facing and infrastructure related improvements for the product backlog
- Strong interest in data warehousing and business intelligence
- Some experience with SQL
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to rapidly communicate technical concepts to technical team members
- "Agile" in both personality and development philosophy - a high degree of flexibility and the ability to deal with change and a high-pressure work environment
- A team-focused individual that enjoys collaboration and can "leave ego at the door"
- A highly creative and outside-the-box thinker who believes "it's always possible"
- Exposure to version control systems
- Knowledge of dimensional modelling
- Experience working with various sources through varied delivery methods - including but not limited to CSV, Excel, SQL, on-prem ERP systems through direct connection, shared folders, (S)FTP drops
- Experience with data ingestion from cloud sources - including but not limited to Google Analytics, SalesForce, cloud ERP systems, other REST APIs
- Experience with ETL tools such as Integration Services, PowerQuery, Tableau Prep
- Experience with ETL techniques such as lookups, string normalization, differential rowset updating/merging
- Experience with analysis tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience administering systems and platforms (OSes, SQL, Azure, …)
If this sounds like you, come on board with a global organization, and one of Canada's 50 Best Employers to Work For.
** Please note that while all applications will be reviewed, only successful applicants will be contacted **
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com Applications close:
Sales and Marketing